Here are a few sites to visit for surf and marine updates. If you know other good links, and don’t mind sharing, drop us a line at the end of this post.
- Magic Seaweed – Lawrencetown Report
- Of course, you can check in at the Happy Dudes truck located on site at Lawrencetown Beach during the Summer
- Surf Forecast for Lawrencetown from Surfline.com is credible too
- Surfline Martinique Report
- Regional Wave Heights for Nova Scotia
- Nova Scotia Buoyweather.com
- Weather Underground – Hurricane and Tropical Cyclones Basin Map / North Atlantic
- Tide Info: 1 877 775 0790
- Wave Height line at 1-855-627-4630
(A bit cumbersome, but the goal when calling this number is to reach the message for the East Scotian Slope Range. So, call 1-855-627-4630 and press: 1, 1, 5, 2 )
Happy Dude Interpretation: If period is over 8 sec — good , if wave height over 2 meters , ride-able. Please note, this is not always accurate !